Wednesday, July 22, 2009

New? Used? or Barebone?

When it comes to purchasing computer equipment the question has always been should I buy new? Should I upgrade? Should I buy used like off of E-Bay? These are all good options but like any options they have their pros and cons.

Used for example can save you quite a lot of money and up you as far as speed and equipment value. The downside is how good is the computer and does it come with any type of warranty. When you buy used your at the mercy of the seller. No matter how good the computer was when it was sold it can go downhill quickly or be a reliable machine.

Upgrading has its advantages you already have a working computer now your trying to expand its use. In some cases this is a good option but spending a lot of money with no overall performance increase is just a waste of time and money.

Buying new can be away to go but do you need the expense of new computer? If you have some fiances to play with a better option is to build your own by purchasing a barebone and adding components to it. You can use some of your current components if they are not too old and could save you some money by not let say having to buy a new hard drive if yours has pretty good storage capacity. It all depends on what you need want and can afford.

I would use a barebone before I would ever buy new cause I can build it like I want it. This can saves me lots of money in getting the components I need over buying them retail.

No comments: