Thursday, January 4, 2007

To Vista or Not to Vista?

As with any new technology it takes time for all the kinks and bugs to get worked out. If you go the vista route its best to have a new PC or one that is better than average performance. You would need minimum 1 GB of ram just to keep vista from being sluggish. If you have an older PC upgrading is really not an option to take advantage of Vista's capabilities. Other writers support my view in why mess up a good XP machine to run Vista. I made the mistake of loading Vista beta on one of my PC's to try it out. Well, there was no uninstall option after one of games did not work and MSN was not compatible I wanted to remove it. Needless to say the only option I had was to reload my PC. I am really satisfied with XP right now and it will take a lot of fixing on Vista for me to upgrade. Before I would upgrade anyway I would purchase or build a new PC. If you plan on purchasing a PC you can option to have XP pro instead of Vista. Most PC manufacturer's will allow you to choose your OS.

To sum up , unless you think Vista will give you more features your looking for I would recommend staying with XP for at least a year. Let Microsoft work out compatibility issues and security holes that are sure to crop up. Until next time everyone have a good day.

Tim

No comments: